Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sharing the story

I could never be a professional actor!!!!  I spent last weekend being filmed for a documentary based on my life and the subject of this blog--living well with MS.  Don't get me wrong.  It was a lot of fun.  I have great friends who served as "extras" and were my back up.  The film crew was great.  They kept us fed and fueled with coffee. There were a lot of laughs.  But, that would be a tough job to do every day.

The purpose of the documentary is what I write about. Living well with the disease, not letting it take over and destroy your life.  I told the story how I see it.  I know how hard it is to get through this disease.  I know how tough it is to figure out what you are going to do to make everything work--job, family...managing it all while feeling pretty bad.  But I also know how to get out of the depths of despair.  You have to find what gives you strength so that you can continually be moving forward.  My strength comes from my wife, my faith, and a good run on a regular basis.  Not to mention being blessed to work really hard at a job I love.

We have been working on some nutritional aspects of our life to improve it.  There is not a lot of research about nutrition.  But a lot of people are talking about it.  Whatever name tag you put on it....gluten seems to be a big culprit for a lot of people.  Another thing being investigated--and there is actually a study going on--is all grain--"paleo" diet.  I haven't started with that.  I have a little bit of mental reservation--I love my oatmeal for breakfast.  But, it might have to change. 

For now, I am healthy, MS not withstanding.  I feel good.  With the diet changes I have made so far, I can feel more of my feet and my handwriting is starting to improve.  It is a start.  For everyone, keep trying to find what is going to make your life better.  Maybe you can't go run.  Go for a walk in the sunshine .  Dance in the kitchen with your wife.  Whatever you do, do SOMETHING.  It will start changing your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment